Norfolk is a city in Virginia. It is situated alongside a river and has many waterfront spots. It is rich in wildlife and marine animals. The place is full of museums exhibiting the deep-rooted history of the city. It also has some major attractions like Town Point Park, Virginia Zoological Park and many more.
Places to visit:
- USS Wisconsin BB-64 – It came into existence in 1941. It offers tours of the maritime museum.
- Nauticus – It was constructed in 1994. It is a waterfront maritime museum offering science exhibits, an aquarium & a historic battleship.
- Norfolk Botanical Garden- It was founded and settled in 1938. It has a huge lush green space. It also offers 450 rose varieties.
- Virginia Zoological Park - Virginia Zoological Park was founded and established in the year 1900. It showcases exhibits of lions, elephants & rhino with other 400 animals. It is spread over an area of 53 acres.
- Chrysler Museum of Art- Chrysler Museum of Art was settled in the year 1933. It has a vast collection of ancient to contemporary art, glass & sculpture.
- Children’s Museum of Virginia- It was constructed in1980. It popularizes in exhibiting and exploring cities, space, music, energy, the human body & antique trains.
- Town Point Park- Town Point Park is Located on the riverside. It comes with fountains, picnic areas, seasonal performances & festivals.
Places to stay:
- Norfolk Waterside Marriott- Norfolk Marriott is a top-class and a luxury hotel with 2 restaurants, a piano lounge, a spa, a fitness center & an indoor pool.
- Courtyard by Marriott Norfolk Downtown – Courtyard is a modern architecture hotel with amenities like an indoor pool, an exercise room, an American restaurant, and free Wi-fi.
- Hilton Norfolk The Main- Hilton is a classy hotel with exquisite rooms & suites with breath-taking views, a rooftop bar, a pool & hip dining.
- Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel- Sheraton hotel is a modern architecture with stylish rooms along with free Wi-fi, a restaurant, complimentary breakfast, a pool & a bar.
- Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown- Wyndham hotel is a renowned hotel offering free Wi-fi, an outdoor pool & a 24/7 business center.